Do Justice, Love Mercy and Walk Humbly with GodOur Mission is to address the practical legal needs of people struggling with poverty and oppression in the Denver Metro Area.
What is JAMLAC...Founded in 2006, JAMLAC has become a safe and confidential resource for victims of daily hardship and cruelty. Full-time attorneys, paralegals, interns and volunteers manage approximately 50 active cases each week. JAMLAC also partners with the Christian Legal Society to provide seven free consultation clinics at local churches and homeless shelters in the Denver metro area.
JAMLAC provides free representation, consultations and general assistance to individuals struggling with:
- Domestic matters
- Landlord / tenant discrepancies
- Sealing of records
- General Civil matters
- Public benefits
The StrategyThe primary goal of the JAMLAC staff is to provide holistic support to the impoverished people within the metro Denver community. JAMLAC partners with various organizations which focus their effort on the homeless and those in danger of becoming homeless.
Partner ministries include but are not limited to:
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Champa House
- The Crossing
- Harvest Farm
- Open Door Ministries
- Communities of Faith United
- Servicios de la Raza
- Providence Network
- Prodigal Gathering
- Joshua Station
- Salvation Army
- Chaya House
The Outcomes Over 700 clients per year served.“I would like to thank the JAMLAC staff for the support they have given me. My lawyer was excellent, and extremely professional. The work that JAMLAC has done in my life will never be forgotten! May God bless this place, and thank you very much again!” – Anonymous JAMLAC client
- In 2010, JAMLAC served 667 victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. Over half of these clients spoke with limited English proficiency, and nearly all were women. Over 50 other clients were served in addition to the domestic violence cases.
- In 2010, 95.7% of JAMLAC’s clients stated that they felt safer after working with the staff on site, and 100% reported that they better understood their legal rights after being served at JAMLAC.
- JAMLAC reported that 90% of their clients experienced long-term life transformation.
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute, speak up and judge fairly, defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9.